As a matter of fact, 78% of Marketing Executives expect radical changes in Marketing over the next 5 years – many of them are convinced that most of the budgets will be spent on digital activities.
So how can a MOOC on Digital and Social Media Marketing find its audience to meet the next generation of Marketing professionals? Let’s have a closer look on that subject:
How to advertise the MOOC on Digital and Social Media Marketing?
First of all, you need to find out who is to be targeted.
Who is your buyer persona?
Of course, the buyer persona are all marketing managers that want to keep up with the challenges of their jobs in the upcoming years. All those who are willing to learn how to juggle with the digital marketing tools.
What skills are needed to be a successful digital marketing expert?
- – Implementing and managing digital marketing strategies and tactical execution plans across all channels with focus on digital.
- – Analyzing and gain insights from digital monitoring tools.
- – Monitoring the competitors to keep the own company on the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- – Developing digital marketing campaigns from PPC to organic optimization, allocating budgets and meeting conversion targets
- – Improving usability, design, content and conversion of all channels
Where to find the targeted persons?
It is most likely that persons looking for a career in digital marketing use digital channels for research on interesting subjects themselves. So focus of all activities should be online.
First of all, you need to find a visualization that clearly describes the content and what to expect of the MOOC. The current is using the brands of the most popular Social Media sites and simply states the headline of the content. For the November/December campaign, I would suggest to improve the campaign image: Find a more engaging title that includes a call to action, e.g. “Improve your Expertise in Digital and Social Media Marketing”, or “Let’s Rock Digital and Social Media Marketing”. Making the bubbles slightly bigger would ease the recognition of the brands on smaller devices and improve the impact on mobile devices.
What activities may help to advertise the MOOC?
Digital marketing can have massive effect, even with low budgets. There are some aspects that must be considered as they are crucial to digital marketing success.
– Develop your campaign in an iterative way – try your campaign on low budgets and optimize on a daily basis by analyzing all available reports on user interaction in all channels. Do this until it works. And do not stop watching it to see whether the community is still there where you think you find them.
- – Learn from past campaigns to see what has worked and what has to be improved. Check the reports of previous campaigns, meeting minutes and learn from your mistakes.
- – Set up a Gantt chart for your planned activities:
- At first, define the goals of your campaign and make them SMART:
Then define the persons responsible for the delivery of the tasks in time:
- At last define the tasks itself in detail and create a timeline:
- In the end, you will have a full GANTT-Diagram – a perfect overview of your campaign in one sheet.
– Thoroughly check out the risks of the campaign you planned to make sure you can handle at least the problems that might occur that you could have guessed. That minimizes the need of a “fire brigade” in the run of the project. Look at the next chart just to show you an example:
And of course, most important, never fail to improve your campaign until the very last day.
Give it a try, and good luck!